Saturday, September 11, 2010

Dresser Redo

We got this dresser about 2 years ago from my inlaws. It was really ugly, but we were in desperate need of a dresser for my oldest son's room. I wanted to paint it, but I couldn't decide between red or dark blue. He loves baseball, so I went with a dark blue. And planned on using baseball knobs....



Close up of the outdated  hardware


Fast forward to June, I finally painted his dresser. In real life the blue is a lot darker than the image shows.


And today I've been finally working on his baseball knobs. I've gotten them painted and now we need to figure out how to attach them. I think I did a decent job on these little knobs.
I had wooden balls, that I spray painted white.


Then I painted the baseball stitching and let them sit on my windowsil to dry. Once we get them attached then I'll post a pic of the final project.

I still need to figure out what to use at the bottom of his dressers. The knobs won't look right, so the top 3 drawers will have the baseballs. I'm hoping to find some cute baseball bat pull handles for the other drawers. Any other suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment